Candle Safety & Instructions
To get the most from your Wild Candles, we have a few tips for you…
- Soy wax has memory, so allow enough time for the wax to completely melt to the edges of the vessel to help prevent 'tunnelling'.
- Trim the wick before you relight your candle to keep the wax clean and burning nicely.
- Avoid burning your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended; be sure to extinguish the candle before leaving the room.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat resistant surface away from flammable objects before lighting.
WILD CANDLE FAQ:
“My candle looks imperfect/uneven/has holes?”
Firstly don’t worry, one of the sure signs of natural exit soy wax is the way that its visual appearance in the vessel may change prior, during and after lighting.
The surface of your candle may look bumpy like a cauliflower or begin to develop holes in the wax; these sink holes are a result of any air bubbles in the wax rising to the surface of the candle. The candle may also look as though it is separating/crystallised; this is known as frosting and it is the process in which the wax is trying to return back to its natural form.
These changes to the visual appearance of the candle are completely normal and does not affect the actual burn quality of the candle.
“My candle is finished and I want to clean out the container to reuse it, what do I do?”
We hope you've enjoyed burning your Wild Candle! Here's an easy way to get the remaining candle wax out of the glass vessel.
- Boil your kettle and pour hot water directly into the vessel, covering your leftover wax.
- Set the vessel aside for a few hours
- Once the water has completely cooled down, you'll notice that the wax has risen to the top of the vessel in its own layer and sits on top of the water.
- Lightly tap the wax and slide it out of the vessel. Dispose the wax into a waste bin.
- Pour the water out and wipe the vessel down with hot soapy water to get rid of any remaining wax residue, the metal wick sustainer and any unwanted stickers.